Since 1980, weather-related disasters have caused just over 618,200 fatalities and cost a total of $1.3 trillion. Between the 1980s and he 1990s, weather fatalities jumped over 60 percent.
Hurricanes Tornadoes Floods Blizzards Lightning Hailstorms
Be prepared for weather disasters no matter where you live.
The Ultimate Storm Survival Handbook gives you all the information you need to be prepared for the storms in your area. Along with clear instructions on preparing before a storm, the book also contains helpful, quick reference checklists for each storm.
Before-the-storm preparedness instructions include:
- creating a plan for family survival
- securing your home and taking inventory
- caring for your pets
- familiarizing yourself with your area’s storms and storm safety
- knowing what the warnings mean
- planning for the infirm and elderly
- survival kit guidelines
- emergency preparedness checklists
- weather and strom preparation Web sites