Today most Americans live in the city or suburbs–a safe, comfortable life, at least on the surface. Few of us realize how close we are to the elemental struggle for survival, until disaster strikes. Yet it is possible to be prepared. In this uniquely practical handbook, Tom Brown, Jr. gives you the specific skills and detailed knowledge you need to protect yourself and those you love in almost any emergency.
* Alternative heat and light sources
* Preventing and coping with electrical failure
* Automobile survival techniques
* Protecting your home from intruders
* Unconventional food sources for the city dweller
* Surviving earthquakes, floods, blizzards, hurricanes, and more
* Guarding against urban crime